- No one prepared Teresiah’s Ng’endo to wash and change her father’s clothes as she takes care of him
- The 17-year-old girl said her father had been bedridden for five months and could not help himself
- The girl from Kiambu said she also fed her father and would share a bed after selling other household stuff
A helpless teenage girl is her dad’s only ray of hope for survival, as he cannot help himself.
The father, John Njoroge, has been bedridden for five months following an illness that affected his nerves and mobility.
Girl depressed over sick father
Teresiah Ng’endo, who lost her mother when she was in Class 3, shared she does almost everything for her dad.
PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram – get the most important news directly in your favourite app!
“It happened when I was in high school dad fell sick as I was doing my exams. I was always stressed. I had to keep thinking of what we would eat, and if no one visited him during the day, we slept on empty stomachs.
We have sold everything to get money for his treatment, but even at that, he has not improved,” she told TUKO.co.ke.
The 17-year-old from Makwa village, Kang’undo North, Kiambu county, said the only furniture they remained with was a shared bed.
Teenage girl dresses up dad
The broken teenager said she slept on one side and the father slept on the other, and she would wake up in the night to turn him.
“He can’t move. He can’t do anything by himself, even feeding. I have to help him with it. I’m really having a hard time because I’m helpless. I wash his clothes and sometimes, I change him.
He spends the entire day here in bed. I feed him and help him do everything. At times, even dressing him up when there’s no one because I have no choice,” she painfully disclosed.
Waiting on God for help
Despite the challenge, Ng’endo is hopeful she will someday join college and pursue her dreams of fashion and design.
She revealed her dad wishes her to be prosperous and stable so that she may have a bright future.
“We are waiting on God maybe He will send someone to come and help us,” Ng’endo faintly added.
Boy drops out to care for sick dad
In February, a Meru boy who dropped out of school to care for his sick dad scored 368 marks in the 2022 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE).
The little one who quit school for a year to care for his ailing father was mulling over repeating Class 8.
He did not secure sponsorship and believed repeating would help him score better marks and attract a scholarship.
Bungoma politician clears fees for student
In other news, Kanduyi MP John Makali helped the boy who repeated with 405 marks to join high school.
The politician said Robinson Masinde had promised to excel in high school to repay Kenyans’ confidence.
The MP stated he had cleared Masinde’s school fees, did his shopping and left him with some cash for pocket money.
- Do Shein Clothes Contain Unhealthy Lead Levels?
- Fashion retailer Shein announces pop-up shop at Plano’s The Shops at Willow Bend
- Woman reveals genius reason you shouldn’t throw away Shein clothing bags and it will make travelling a breeze
- I ordered stuff from Shein... it was the best haul ever, some tops were dupes for Kim K's SKIMS line - they were so soft
- Best places to buy cheap plus-size clothing